Process Engineer - Supply ChainJob ID 1374
Location Toronto, Ontario
Job Title: Process Engineer
Reports to: Manager, Purchasing & Packaging Operations
Department: Supply chain
The Process Engineer will be responsible for coordinating co-pack activities at the assigned Warehouse, which is managed by a 3rd Party Logistics Service Provider. Responsible for driving TPM, LEAN and OEE methodologies, with a critical focus on Line Reliability, Waste Elimination, Planned Maintenance and Building Capabilities at the facility. Responsibilities also include, creation of production SOPs and ensuring all brand quality standards are maintained. This position functions as the link between Lindt Canada and the 3PL.
This person will be required to build a close working relationship with our 3PL co-pack provider, especially the site co-pack Manager, QA, machine operators and maintenance personnel.
External interactions will consist of machine manufactures, suppliers with respect to PM’s, OEE standards, and improvements. Internal interactions will include 3PL Co-Pack staff and management, Lindt SC, QA, and LSNA personnel.
- TPM (Total Productive Maintenance), OEE – (Overall Equipment Effectiveness).
- Track and publish daily and monthly production line standards
- Deliver step-change Improvement in the Reliability of Manufacturing Systems while optimizing throughput, production rates, yield, cost and changeover time
- Eliminate Waste across Product, Package and Process dimensions. Deliver improved manufacturing layout and product flows within lines, and throughout co-pack.
- Build and manage spare parts budget in partnership with the 3PL.
- Build and manage PM (Preventative Maintenance) schedule budget.
- Manufacturing Standards to ensure Sustainable Plant Performance - including the Training and Qualification of Equipment Operators
- Perform cost analysis to validate pricing at 3PL and ensuring 3PL meet Lindt’s Quality Standards
- Work closely with their manager in order to improve and track 3PL performances
- Support calculations of investment requests to expand production facilities
- This position functions as the link between Lindt and the 3PL ensuring that Production Plans are executed efficiently and effectively and meet all quality standards.
- Working with internal and external parties to ensure automation lines / 3PL are performing to optimal standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial or Chemical Engineering or 3 to 5 years related and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Able to make accurate judgment decisions based on product knowledge and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, JD Edwards)
- 3+ years of experience working in Manufacturing
- LOCATED - In our 3PL facility in Mississauga, ON.
We thank all those who have applied however, only selected candidates will be contacted. Lindt is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request. Please contact our Human Resources department for more information. #CORPORATE